Building habits reduce your dependency on willpower and motivation since habits are:
“action[s] that you regularly execute with little or no necessary effort or thought,” according to Tynan, author of Superhuman by Habit.
It turns out that while you’re sleeping, your brain may wander in ways it can’t help when you’re awake, creating connections and coming up with new ideas.
- Take ten minutes before going to sleep to contemplate and write down the goals you wish to achieve. It could be completing a significant assignment at work or finding more time for a strong relationship in your life.
- After you’ve written out your objectives, ask yourself some honest questions and write them down. The questions could be about how you plan to achieve that objective or how you should handle any potential roadblocks along the way.
Links to significant Info
- conscious vs subconscious mind
- subconscious mind activated during sleep.
- “while you’re sleeping, your brain may wander in ways it can’t help when you’re awake, creating connections and coming up with new ideas.”